If you are reading this article it is probably pretty safe to assume you are looking for a business process automation company who you can trust and be successful with. Try following the following steps for choosing the right outsourcing company for your business needs:
- Be clear about your expectations, what you want your business to achieve, the goals you have set and the timeline you expect the results to be provided. The more clearly you express with your expectations, the easier it will be to find a business process automation company to meet your specific needs. By defining your expectations we are referring to performance of the project, not which internal business process you want to outsource. Ask yourself what your end-goal is.
Work to clearly explain the scope of tasks to be outsourced and their intended benefits. Once you have considered the scope of the project and defined your objectives clearly, a business process automation company will be easier to find and determine their worthiness for your business needs.
- Look for an experienced business process automation company. Just as you would verify references in order to hire a new employee, so too should you verify references for a company you intend to hire to process a portion of your internal business tasks. You must ask the following:
• What is their level of business process automation experience of delivering services similar to the ones you plan to outsource?
• What kind of qualifications does this business offer?
• What are the qualifications of the Executive Management Team? Project Managers?
• Is there a team what will work on your business account? Who is part of that team? What are the qualifications of this team?
- Ask for references and work samples.It is important to protect the integrity of your business. In order to accomplish this you must be certain the business process automation company can live up to what it promises and delivers quality results. With this in mind, you must ask for client references and speak with them to better understand the business process automation company’s quality of services, turnaround time, client engagement practices and customer support. When speaking with references, some good questions to ask include:
• Asking about any challenges the reference may have had occur.
• Ask how challenges were handled and overcome.
• Ask for samples of work done by the business process automation company. This will give you a feel of the end output.
- Verify communication practices and client management habits.Lack of communication can easily kill a project no matter how big or how small. Consider the following when choosing a business process automation company:
• Is the business process automation company in the same time zone as your company?
• Is there overlap in working hours if you are located in different time zones? If you’re working with a provider that is outside the US, ensuring working time overlap is important. A 100% overlap may not be feasible, but certain overlap is essential for ideal functionality and success.
• Do you speak the same language?
• Is the team available via e-mail, phone, VoIP, etc.? What is their preferred communication style?
- Company Financial Stability.Working with a business that is not secure can jeopardize the success of your own business. Also, using a business process automation company merits an in-depth risk assessment of the company’s fiscal health, its ability to develop solutions, and its ability to deliver the services you are seeking.
Never jump into a business process automation relationship without doing your due diligence. It is important to know exactly what a company can do for you to set you apart from your competitors, propelling your own business to increased profitability and productivity.